Unhappy with the size of your penis?
Looking for the best penis extenders and stretchers?
Since the dawn of time, men have been comparing the size of their dicks.
Whether it’s with each other, with the porn stars they see on adult movies or even measuring them against household objects or fruit and veg….guys are just obsessed!
And, though surveys constantly tell us that women are generally happy with the size of their partner’s junk, most of us think we would be happier with a little more length.
Fortunately, there are plenty of products offering us a solution and one contraption that proves pretty popular is the penis extender.
In this feature, we take a closer look at exactly what a penis extender (or, stretcher) is and how it works.
What is a Penis Extender?
Quite simply, a penis extender is a medical device designed to stretch and straighten the penile tissue to increase length and smooth out any curvatures.
You can also buy penis extender sleeves which can be word during intercourse but, for the purposes of this feature, we will be focusing solely on the stretching devices which can offer longer lasting results.
How Does a Penis Extender Work?
These scary looking traction devices may all look different but they consist of similar designs featuring two rings connected by rods and adjusted using some kind of spring mechanism.
You place your flaccid penis inside the two rings, one at the base against your pelvic area and one at the head.
Once you are secured in place, users can then adjust the tension between the two rings, gradually building this up over a series of sessions and, literally, extend the penis.
The idea is that the tension encourages the soft tissue to stretch and cause minor cracks and ruptures. Don’t panic, this kind of damage is pretty normal and it is the cell regeneration that takes place over time which will give you those extra inches.
However, time is the key word in all of this and it is really important to slowly build up the tension to avoid injury and permanent damage.
You should expect some mild discomfort when you first start using one of these devices and some men report sensations of tingling or even numbness but pain is the body’s warning system that something is wrong. If you experience pain then you should stop immediately and seek medical advice.
How Long Should You Use a Penis Extender For?
The recommended length of sessions varies by manufacturer but is typically anywhere from 4-8 hours per day and this is done daily over a long period of time (up to 12 months).
Ideally, this should be done during the day as erections which may occur during the night (or just general rolling about) can dislodge the device.
Once you have achieved the optimal results, which should occur within a year of use, there is no evidence to suggest that continued traction will result in greater size.
What Kind of Results Can You Expect?
Skin traction is a medically proven way to encourage cell regeneration in soft tissue and there is no reason to suggest that stretching penile skin wont result in some benefits.
These can include additional length and girth as well as mild correction to any curvature.
As to the extent of these benefits, that age-old phrase ‘your mileage may vary’ can be applied.
There is some evidence to suggest that older men will see less benefits. This is mainly due to the fact that our skin’s natural elasticity and ability to repair is diminished with age.
For instance, men over 65 should discontinue their use of a penis extender whilst men who are in their 40s would be using a device for considerably shorter periods than men in their 20s.
Results of Clinical Studies
There has been a lot of research into increasing penile length and several studies have been published after clinical trials using penis extender devices.
The results of most of these have been pretty positive and include the findings of reports such as:
- Applying Extender Devices in Patients with Penile Dysmorphophobia (Dr. Mohammad Reza Nowroozi, Tehran, Iran. Journal of Sexual Medicine, May-2015): 54 patients wore a device for between 4 and 6 hours per day for a period of 6 months with the report concluding that a ‘penile extender (as a minimally invasive technique) is safe and provides modest benefits and patient satisfaction’.
- A pilot phase-II prospective study to test the ‘efficacy’ and tolerability of a penile-extender
- device in the treatment of ‘short penis (University of Turin, Italy July 2008)15 patients used a device for at least 4 hours per day over a period of six months and the report concluded that ‘penile extenders should be regarded as a minimally invasive and effective treatment option to elongate the penile shaft in patients seeking treatment for a short penis’.
- Effects on Penile Size with Penile Extensor by Traction Force (Shanghai Jiaotong University (Shanghai, China) 2001): 30 cases were tested over a period of 3 months with subjects using a traction device for 9 hours daily. The conclusion found that a ‘penile extensor can tract the penis and make it larger in length and perimeter. And it was safe and no adverse affects.’
Best Penis Extenders & Stretchers: A Buyer’s Guide
If you’re going to put your most prized possession into one of these devices then you’re sure as hell going to want to make sure it’s a quality piece of kit. So, what should you be looking for in a penis extender and stretcher?
- Proven Results – It is always worth checking that the system you are buying has been proven to be effective with the results being verified through clinical studies. Although these are often paid for by the manufacturers with the emphasis being to demonstrate effective treatment, there is no substitute for the recommendation of professional bodies.
- Size – Given the fact that you will need to wear the device for up to 8 hours a day, the size is important. Anything too bulky cannot comfortably (or discreetly) be worn under clothes. The whole kit itself also needs to be portable.
- Traction Adjustment – A good device should offer flexibility in the amount of traction you can apply to the penile tissue. As you will need to build this up gradually, you should be looking for devices which offer a range of traction force.
- Materials – As well as being manufactured using body-safe and sterile materials, these should also be durable, hypoallergenic and easy to clean.
- Comfort – Any device you are wearing around your delicate areas for up to 8 hours a day should be comfortable. This may sound like an oxymoron given the fact that your dick is being stretched but the less pressure on one specific area the better. Look for base and head rings that are made of soft silicone as opposed to hard plastic.
- Warranty – The cost of most of the penis extenders on our list is in excess of $100 and with an investment of this size, you should look for products which are guaranteed by the manufacturer.
- Extras – Whilst any bonus products won’t affect the results of the main device, they can help make the use of your penis extender easier and results more obvious. Travel bags, instruction DVDs and measuring devices are common extras but don’t be swayed by the swag.
It is worth pointing out that some medical insurance companies will cover the cost of penis stretchers if you are suffering from a medical condition such as peyronie’s disorder, erectile dysfunction or even those who have a medically diagnosed micro-penis. Check with your insurance provider and medical practitioner for further details.
Best Penis Extenders & Stretchers
We’ve selected some of the best penis extender systems available on the market today and given you the most recent information on their main features.
Launched in 1995, the JES extender has been used by more than 500,000 men worldwide to help them increase the length of their penis.
A Danish company, the design of this handmade product is very aesthetically pleasing and uses the finest quality materials. In fact, they supply some premium choices when it comes to materials including Titanium, Gold and Platinum.
The entry level device (the JES Extender Light) is priced at $199.99 and ranges up to $1,000 for the Platinum model. However, it is the JES Extender Original which is their best seller and comes in a lockable mahogany case with front piece comfort strap.
The device offers a series of traction strengths from 1200g up to 2800g (equivalent weight) and the manufacturers report that men should expect results of around a 10% increase in erect length (8% in girth) for every 400 hours of use.
Most men should be able to achieve the maximum results of 30% within approximately six months.
JES Extender offers a 100% money-back guarantee to all customers and provide 24/7 support for help when purchasing or using this device.
Quick Extender Pro
The Quick Extender Pro is made by an American manufacturer, the New York based company, Innovatech Designs.
The base design for their product is similar to other models on our list and features a traction cylinder and ring system. However, the Quick Extender Pro is made using a lightweight but durable aluminium frame and medical-grade comfort pads with patented double strap support.
This extra feature secures the device to the penis with limited chance of it slipping whilst more evenly distributing the tension.
The published results for this device are pretty impressive and suggest that the average user (starting erect length of 5.5”) should be able to see up to a 36% increase in length in a period of six months.
There are several choices of system available through their website:
- Value Edition – Priced at $119.93 (RRP $479.33) this kit can deliver 3000g of equivalent weight in tension and comes with a travel pouch and measuring tape.
- Deluxe Standard Edition – Priced at $179.93 (RRP $719.93) this kit delivers tension of up to 3500g in weight equivalent, a deluxe travel pouch and bonus guide DVD.
- Deluxe Limited Edition – Priced at $349.93 (RRP $1,399.93) this system comes with all of the above but delivers a powerful 4000g of tension and with a penis pump for maximum gains.
- Curvature Peyronie’s Edition – Priced at $179.99 (RRP $719.33) this kit is designed to concentrate tension in straightening the penis over lengthening; however, gains in size will also be achieved during use. Maximum tension delivered by the system is 4000g.
There are also accessories and add-ons which can be purchased to further customize the kit you are building.
The Quick Extender Pro is covered by a lifetime warranty and a 6-month Money Back Guarantee which means if you aren’t completely satisfied with your results during this period then you get a full refund. As they say, “you have nothing to lose and inches to gain!”
FDA approved and made in the USA and Europe under Quality ISO13485, the AndroPenis system is one of the bestselling extender kits available on the market.
The company has over 25 years’ medical experience in providing non-invasive solutions for penis enlargement and was originally started in 1995.
They claim that their device produces permanent results which can increase the penis length by anything up to 4cm/1.6” in length 1.5cm/0.6” in girth and reduce curvature by up to 60%.
Small and discreet enough to wear under your clothing, the AndroPenis extender offers varying degrees of sliding traction force from 600g up to 1,500g in equivalent weight.
All devices are constructed using durable but lightweight materials that are comfortable to wear, provide good support and, with the use of AndroComfort bands, spread the pressure on the glans over a wide area.
There are three kits currently available to purchase through AndroPenis:
- Andropenis PRO – Priced at $99 this entry level kit includes 1 Penis Extender, rods, tubes, rings and bands plus a free Andro Comfort kit
- Andropenis Gold Comfort – Priced at $149 the gold kit includes all of the above but the device itself is constructed with gold-plating.
- Andropeyronie Comfort – Priced at $149, this device is designed more for straightening our penis than for lengthening but some gains in size can also be achieved.
You can find full details of their products along with details of how to order via their website.
Customers in the European Union benefit from a two-year product warranty but all other international customers get just a one-year guarantee.
MaleEdge Penis Extender
Owned by the same Danish company that makes the JES Extender, the MaleEdge Penis Extender is designed and manufactured by DanaMedic. Again, they have been creating non-surgical medical aids for male penis enhancement for 25 years and have a great international reputation for their products.
Whilst the look of the MaleEdge is slightly different to the JES Extender, the principles are the same and all you are really getting is a variation in design. We think this product looks a bit more contemporary and sporty but both are stylish and high quality.
There are three variations on the MaleEdge Penis Extender available to buy:
- Basic (Blue) – Priced at $149.99
- Extra (Green)– Priced at $174.99
- Pro (Red) – Priced at $199.99
The only difference in all three options is the number of accessories you receive in your kit with the base unit being the same design. In our opinion, the pro kit looks like the better deal and gives you more straps, protection pads and gauze.
Delivering traction in the range of 600g to 1500g (equivalent weight) this is less powerful than the JES Extender and may suit men who want a gentler way to stretch their cocks.
The results offered with this device still suggest some good increases with additions in length of around 28% within a period of six months of daily use (12 hours per day).
All devices come with a 1-year warranty plus a 100% guarantee on your results with your money back if not fully satisfied.
Hailed as one of the best penis extenders, by SizeGenetics, this device has been cleared by the FDA and has been medically endorsed by several leading plastic surgeons. Including Dr John Ege Siana, one of the founders of the International Association of Male Sexual Surgery.
The reported results are pretty good and users can expect to see an average increase in length of 28% and 19% in girth after 4-6 months of daily use (5-6 hours per day). However, the manufacturers do recommend that, for the best results, you wear this device for 6-12 hours per day.
Delivering traction equivalent to 2800g in weight, the device is sturdy in design and incorporates a 16-way comfort system to make it more wearable.
It fits quite discreetly under clothing and is constructed from lightweight, medical-grade components.
There are a couple of choices when it comes to which kit to buy with each system offering a slightly different device:
- Value Edition – Priced at $199.95 (RRP $274.95) this entry level penis extender from SizeGenetics contains everything you need to get you started including the device itself, protection pad, comfort strap and product case with QuickStart guide.
- Comfort Package – Priced at $249.95 (RRP $399.9) the Comfort Package comes with all of the above but with a lockable luxury leather case, additional elongation bars and comfort plasters.
- Ultimate System + Zestra – Priced at $249.95 (RRP $499.95) this kit offers the best value in our opinion and comes complete with the same equipment in the Comfort Package but with an additional travel case, moisturizer, talcum powder and a 3 pack of Zestra (Essential Arousal Oils).
- Curvature & Peyronie’s – Priced at $299.95 (RRP $499.95) this kit is intended to be used by those patients who are seeking to straighten their penis as well as add length.
SizeGenetics offers a full money back guarantee on all of its products along with a no-quibble one-year warranty.
This European manufacturer is based in Lichtenstein produces two varieties of penis extender.
The first, Phallosan Plus is a traditional tension stretching device which has been shown to have some very good results but it is their latest innovation, the Phallosan Forte, which we think should make our list.
Encompassing vacuum technology, the device slips over your penis using a soft condom-like sleeve which can be rolled down your shaft forming an air-tight, snug fit. This is further secured using a comfortable belt which slips over the Forte and around your waist.
Once in place, you activate the pump and air is drawn out of the cylinder using a valve. Fully adjustable, you set the required pressure using the traffic light indicator. The Forte creates the equivalent traction force of between 400g to 3000g.
The whole device works in a similar way to a penis pump with the vacuum itself stretching the penile tissue. However, unlike most penis pumps which require manual release after short periods of time, the Forte can be worn for up to 12 hours a day and is safe enough to wear at night.
You can also download the Phallosan Forte app for your smartphone which gives you a personal training plan and a way to monitor your results.
Speaking of results, average users can expect to achieve some pretty good gains in length with a clinical study showing that an additional 3.6 cm (1.4”) when flaccid and 2.9 cm (1.14”) when erect were possible.
These results were based on the recommended wearing time of 6 hours a day for five days per week and recorded after six months.
Additional gains in length were also reported for longer durations of use (9 hours a day/6 days a week) with the maximum benefits recorded being an increase of 4.9 cm (1.9”) flaccid and 4.0 cm (1.47”) erect.
The Phallosan Forte is priced at $339 plus shipping and comes with a measuring template and travel bag. There is a two year warranty on this device which excludes the soft condom sleeve and glans protector caps.
Another rod traction device, the PeniMaster Pro is manufactured in Germany and has been sold since 2002.
The company’s designs have been adapted over the years with the Pro model introduced in 2011 and thsi device delivers traction of between 200 and 1200g (equivalent weight).
Though there are some variations on design across most of the penis extenders on our list, this device is the only one to feature an anatomically shaped connection to the head of the penis. This snug fit helps to keep the PeniMaster Pro in place using a vacuum valve and provides additional support and traction.
It’s a lightweight design which is comfortable to wear and comes with a belt expander system to secure the device during use which can be attached around the hips, shoulder or knee.
Results for the product show an average increase of around 1cm (0.4”) in length per month of use with the optimal results being achieved within 12 months.
Priced at €329 (approximately $399), the Pro System comes with an instructional DVD and carry case plus extension rods.
The product comes with a five-year warranty and a one-month money-back guarantee.
The ProExtender has been marketed by Leading Edge Health since 2001 and features a pretty compact and basic design. However, testimonials report that the contraption is comfortable to wear in use and is less bulky and heavy than some other similar products.
Results from their own trials show that users can expect an increase of around 29% in erect length after 24-weeks’s daily use. The same study of just 18 men showed that this was the equivalent of around 1.9mm in extra length per week (average).
The ProExtender comes as a standard kit for $299.95 (RRP $599.95) or in a Deluxe Edition for $399.95 (RRP $699.95). The latter comes with a metal case and instructional DVD.
Both options come covered by a 6-month money-back guarantee.
Alternatives to Penis Extenders & Stretching
We’ve recently produced a guide to dick enhancement looking at common methods and techniques for adding length and girth via surgery, pills and pumps.
In it, we’ve covered some of the myths around penis size, how confidence and therapy can help with low self esteem about your manhood as well as some alternatives to penis extenders, including:
- Pharmaceutical Aids
- Penis Pumps
- Penile Girth Surgery
- Penile Lengthening Surgery
- Dermal Fillers
- Topical Aids
We’ve also looked at some of the simple things you can do to help enhance the package you were born with.
Do You Need a Penis Extender?
It is common for men to fixate on penis length and equate this with their masculinity and sexual prowess.
The reason why is unclear and most studies suggest that women aren’t as bothered by length as the guys are.
In a survey of more than 50,000 heterosexual men and women, 85% of the ladies reported being satisfied with the size of their partner’s erect cocks whilst just 55% of the lads could say the same about themselves.
The findings suggest that the ‘problem’ of penis size is more likely to be in our heads than in our pants.
So, is your penis length ‘normal’?
There have been tons of studies on what ‘normal’ means and this can vary by ethnicity and age but a survey by the British Journal of Urology in 2015 attempted to find out.
By collating the results of more than 20 previous studies and covering over 15,000 men, they concluded that the average erect penis was 13.12cm/5.17” in length and 11.66cm/4.59” in circumference.
The same survey also indicated that only around 3% of the male population were outside of the ‘normal’ range (anything less than around 10cm/3.93” in length and 9.5cm/3.74” in girth).
Whilst it stands to reason that men who have a below-average penis size might want to look at options for increasing their length, for the majority of guys doing so will all be about their own ideals of size.